Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Modern art - why does it look so easy to do but is soo hard to create?!

Lately i've been trying to create a simple piece of modern artwork for my living and or dining room. So far all attempts have failed MISERABLY! I cannot even begin to explain my frustration. I mean seriously .. how hard can it honestly be to create a modern piece of art work? I definitely have even more respect now for artists. Its amazing how they make it LOOK so easy and like they just swept their brush over the canvas once or twice without any thought (and whats my luck is that they probably did do it like that, but oozed so much natural talent in this area that it is impossible to replicate).  Anyway, Im determined to give it at least another few attempts before packing it in and just buying something that I love. There are plenty of gorgeous artworks around so i'm sure I wont have a problem finding something. Here are a few I love:


Not sure on the artist. Found this image through google.com

Manuscrit Rug (2003)

whenever I see this painting I think that its a private letter or love not written to someone special or the lyrics to a song with personal significance. I love this idea! And how "simple"it is!

Steven Womack 

twoems

Jamie Shelman

Jeff Depner

Leanne Shapton

Michell Armas

Sally King Benedict

Now I promise if I am lucky enough to actually manage to create something anywhere as amazing as these I will post for all to see. :-) Happy new year everyone!

C xo

12 comments:

  1. I love the artwork by Steven Womack. The colors are so beautiful. Looking forward to see your creation.

    Happy New Year! May this year brings you everything you have ever hoped for and more!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first piece is amazing (also the pillows) and I so love the Michell Armas piece. Good lick with your work and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crazy about the Steven Womack piece. Do you really think it would be impossible to create? I've wanted to try for a while now.

    XO,
    Doux Rousse
    www.douxrousse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think it might be easier to replicate or completely copy a piece than it would be to just make one up. Unless of course youre a natural artist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya, the abstract stuff definitely looks easier than it is, don't give up though! I love the samples you have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem creating modern art - I am sure I probably overthink it instead of just letting the ideas 'flow'! The examples you posted have me reaching for the paintbrushes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I so AGREE!!! I look at some pictures where it's like 4 black lines on a white background and it's selling for ridiculous amounts of money, but I feel like even if I did make something that looked exactly like that it wouldn't be as cool. Like it wouldn't have the "street cred" because I'd made it, so I wouldn't be able to get away with it. I keep toying with the idea of making my own art anyway. The abstract stuff is just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter to you, my dear friend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad to have come across your blog! love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely! I've followed you on google
    your blog is lovely by the way,waiting you on my blog xxx

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will like my creations..check them out if you want http://kallirroi.tumblr.com/ I love your blog!

    Greetings!

    Kallirroi

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's something which amazes me - that modern art sometimes looks like it would be easy to recreate but I know it's not!!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete